The citizenship test is a requirement to become a naturalized U.S. citizen. Legal permanent residents can take this test 5 years after continuously living in the US, 3 if they are married to a US citizen.
The test evaluates your ability to speak, read and write in English. Also, your knowledge of U.S. history and U.S. civics. The test is composed of an English interview and the civics test.
During your naturalization interview, you will be asked up to 10 questions. They are all taken from this list of 100 questions, which you get the chance to study in advance. You must answer 6 out of 10 questions correctly to successfully pass the exam.
• Family-Based Immigration
• Deferred Action for Childhood arrivals (DACA)
• Temporary Protected Status
• Employment-Based Immigration
• National Interest Waiver Visa
• Family Reunification
- If USCIS approves your application for naturalization, you must attend a ceremony and take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States. This meaningful ceremony allows you to become a fully naturalized U.S. citizen.
- You will receive a certificate of naturalization as official proof that you are a U.S. citizen. Consider reviewing your certificate for any errors before leaving the ceremony.
- US citizens enjoy several benefits, including the right to live and work permanently in the United States, get scholarships and grants that are open exclusively to U.S Citizens and help family members immigrate to the United States.
You Need to Know about
THE CITIZENSHIP TEST
As an illegal immigrant, I hired Alice Antonovsky to help me fix my migratory situation. I had followed some bad advice in the past and really wanted to come clean with immigration authorities. Ms. Antonovsky was very helpful and helped me understand there was still a chance for my family to stay together. Thank you!
I escaped a violent past from a very unstable family a few years ago. Coming to the United States was my survival option. Being here, I met people who helped me out in different ways. They advised me to get a professional assessment on my immigration situation. Luckily, I went to Alice for help and she did not disappoint. I can absolutely recommend her legal services.
I contacted Alice Antonovsky when I needed help understanding my migratory status. She helped me find the most suitable program to apply for and I am now a legal permanent resident. Thank you for your help!
Having gone through a work visa application myself, I advise you to get help from someone who has experience. At first, I made several mistakes that a lawyer would have avoided. Alice was very professional and dedicated. Highly recommended!
When I got a job offer from an American company, I had no idea what to do next. Fortunately, Alice Antonovsky was able to help and I completed the process with little to no stress. Thank you Alice!