Your Immigration Lawyer
Alice Antonovsky
New York, NY

Keep Your Family Together:
Check the Family Reunification Requirements

Permanent residents and citizens can sponsor their family members to get a Green Card and live in the US. With this system, those who once came to the US for personal or professional reasons can reunite the family by bringing them to the country.

When sponsoring a relative, you will need to show proof of your ability to support them once they get to the United States. Processing times differ depending on your relationship with the relative overseas, their age and marital status. A parent’s petition for their underage children will be granted faster than it would if the children were over 21 years of age and married.

Some visas allow the main applicant to bring their dependents along, which is the case of a foreign worker or investor. In this case, dependants also attend the visa interview and comply with immigration requirements. Each of the family members is checked for eligibility and then granted their own visa.

As a citizen or permanent
resident, you can sponsor you direct relatives to get a Green Card. They will be able to
legally live and work in the
United States.
A permanent resident or
citizen can sponsor their foreign spouse to get a legal status and eventually become a US citizen
as well.
Foreign investors and workers
can bring their family along, as long as they are provided with their respective dependent visas.

Contact Immigration Attorney Alice Antonovsky for:

  • Employment Based Immigration
  • Green Cards
  • Petition for Foreign Workers
  • Work permit
  • Status settings
  • Marriage Based Immigration
  • Temporary Protected Status
  • Naturalization
  • Visa Lottery
  • Petition for Family

3 Things You Should Know
About Family Reunification

Family reunification allows legal immigrants to bring family members to the US under various visa options.
The United States offer numerous options for families to remain together in the country. The most important thing is to follow the legal requirements and seek help from experienced professionals.
Citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their family members for a Green Card. However, each process has a different time and requirements, depending on their age and eligibility.
For a confidential consultation,
please call our office at 1-718-924-2896 so we can discuss your options.
Benefits of a Status Adjustment
By adjusting your immigration status, you avoid being at risk of deportation and losing the right to return to the US
Families can avoid the risk of being separated by adjusting the status of any family member on an illegal immigration status
Green Card holders and visa dependents enjoy several benefits and a sense of security that no illegal immigrant can have