Call Us
Text Us
The Law Offices of Alice Antonovsky, PLLC takes pride in helping its clients legalize their status in the United States, apply for the right kind of visa and keep their families together through the most suitable application method.
Bring Your Family Along
With an H4 Dependent Visa

The H-4 dependent visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows the dependent family member of principal H1B visa holder to enter the United States.Spouse or children are admitted for the same period for which the H1B visa holder is admitted.

An H4 visa is issued to qualifying relatives of the H1B visa holder, including spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old.USCIS allows immediate family members of H1B visa holders to lawfully stay in the United States.

H-4 visa holders are not allowed to work, but they can undertake studies on either a part-time or full-time basis. This visa category allows dependent family members stay in the U.S. for a maximum period of six years; however, they can later change their status depending on their particular case.

For further information regarding H4 visa application, schedule a consultation with an expert in immigration law in New York City.

Contact Our Team To Schedule A Confidential Consultation
precision to help families live and work legally in the US
experience to every case
and individuals throughout the Tri-State Area
Contact Immigration Attorney
Alice Antonovsky

• Family Reunification
• Waivers
• Green Card
• Marriage-based immigration
• Adjustment of Status
• Employment-Based immigration
• Political Asylum
• Naturalization Application and Appeals
• Immigration Defense

Key Facts About
H4 Dependent Visa
  • H4 visa holders can only volunteer with nonprofit organizations that do not offer monetary benefits. These positions must be unpaid. If you accept a paid opportunity, it will be considered illegal. Typically, H4 visa holders volunteer with religious and social organizations.
  • The H4 visa does not allow you to run a business from your office or home because you can not receive any salary. However, according to the new regulatory changes, effective May 26, 2015, eligible H4 candidates can file the form I-765 to receive an authorization to work and receive a monetary benefit in the United States. However, whether you receive the EAD or not, you are able to study in the US in any field.
Go to our Immigration Resource Center
Client Reviews
H-4 visa
5.0 rating based on 12,345 ratings
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews.

Please add a review

Review Title
Review Content


Request a Confidential Consultation
to get honest and reliable advice from Immigration Lawyer, Alice Antonovsky
Designed by CreativeWorks, Pocono and Lehigh Valley Web Design Agency
Home > H-4 visa

Your Immigration Lawyer
Alice Antonovsky
New York, NY