The L non-immigrant visa category allows businesses to relocate foreign qualified employees to its U.S. subsidiary or parent company for at least one year. The L visas include three categories: L1, L1A and L1B.
L1 visas enable small and multinational companies to transfer professional employees to U.S. offices. The L1A visas apply to managers and executives with a role that meets a set of specific job duties. The L1B visa is for specialized professionals with an advanced level of knowledge that relates exclusively to the petitioner’s business.
Employees of a US company, managers, executives and specialized knowledge professionals that meet the eligible criteria can come to work in the United States and file for an L2 visa for dependent family members (legally married husband or wife and unmarried minor children under the age of 21).
If you wish to check for further qualification requirements, schedule a private consultation with Alice Antonovsky, immigration specialist.
• L visas processing assistance
• Adjustment of Status
• Family-Based Immigration
• Citizenship and Naturalization
• Employment-Based Permanent Residency
• Family Reunification
• Special Programs and Treaties
• Political Asylum
- Applicants must fill Form I-129 and submit it to USCIS along with supporting documentation showing that both the US company and the foreign parent, subsidiary, affiliate or branch meet the eligibility requirements to proceed with the application.
- L-1 visas allow you to stay in the US for a minimum of one year up to 7 years. For the L1 and L1B, the maximum period of stay is 5 years; and for the L-1A is 7 years. Applicants may need to apply for a renewal before their current visa expires to avoid complications.
- The “Blanket petition program” is designed for businesses that are frequent users of L-1 visa. Under this program, the petitioner must obtain approval from USCIS and attach the blanket approval when filing the I-129 Form. Once the Blanket is approved, the company may transfer various employees to the U.S. without filling individual applications.
Learn More On Our Blog
As an illegal immigrant, I hired Alice Antonovsky to help me fix my migratory situation. I had followed some bad advice in the past and really wanted to come clean with immigration authorities. Ms. Antonovsky was very helpful and helped me understand there was still a chance for my family to stay together. Thank you!
I escaped a violent past from a very unstable family a few years ago. Coming to the United States was my survival option. Being here, I met people who helped me out in different ways. They advised me to get a professional assessment on my immigration situation. Luckily, I went to Alice for help and she did not disappoint. I can absolutely recommend her legal services.
I contacted Alice Antonovsky when I needed help understanding my migratory status. She helped me find the most suitable program to apply for and I am now a legal permanent resident. Thank you for your help!
Please add a review