The United States of America is now home of immigrants from the most diverse backgrounds. They come to the country for plenty of reasons, some looking for safer living conditions, financial opportunities, business stability or to escape violence from their home countries.
According to statistics published by the Department of Homeland Security, the US welcomed 990,553 legal permanent residents in 2013. Of which, 135,028 came from Mexico, followed by 71,798 from China and 68,458 from India. Other countries in the top 10 sending list are Phillippines, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Vietnam, South Korea, Colombia and Haiti.
The US immigrant population accounts for 20 percent of migrants around the world. And as MPI states, immigrants in the US are 13 percent of the entire population. Immigrants have the chance to naturalize and become new US citizens. That is, if they have a legal permanent resident status and can comply with all requirements.
If you have immigration-related questions, contact an expert in immigration law.
• Family-Based Immigration
• Deferred Action for Childhood arrivals (DACA)
• Temporary Protected Status
• Employment-Based Immigration
• National Interest Waiver Visa
• Family Reunification
- US permanent residents are allowed to live and work in the country indefinitely. This status gives you access to numerous financial and social benefits
- Hiring an immigration lawyer to help you file an immigration petition is not mandatory. You can complete an immigration application without any assistance. However, it is always better to avoid making irrevocable mistakes.Immigration lawyers help their clients identify the most suitable visa for them.
- There are available mechanisms for undocumented immigrants to change their status. Before going forward with any application, we strongly recommend that you visit an immigration attorney who can explain the benefits and consequences as well as every step of the process.
As an illegal immigrant, I hired Alice Antonovsky to help me fix my migratory situation. I had followed some bad advice in the past and really wanted to come clean with immigration authorities. Ms. Antonovsky was very helpful and helped me understand there was still a chance for my family to stay together. Thank you!
I escaped a violent past from a very unstable family a few years ago. Coming to the United States was my survival option. Being here, I met people who helped me out in different ways. They advised me to get a professional assessment on my immigration situation. Luckily, I went to Alice for help and she did not disappoint. I can absolutely recommend her legal services.
I contacted Alice Antonovsky when I needed help understanding my migratory status. She helped me find the most suitable program to apply for and I am now a legal permanent resident. Thank you for your help!