The Law Offices of Alice Antonovsky, PLLC takes pride in helping its clients legalize their status in the United States, apply for the right kind of visa and keep their families together through the most suitable application method.
Determine Your Immigration Status,
Choose the Right Visa for Your Needs

For a person visiting the United States, immigration status is determined by the type of visa they were granted when he or she applied to enter the country. Compliance with the visa’s particular demands determines whether a person is “in status” or “out of status.” Nonimmigrant visa holders can apply to visit the United States only for time-specific purposes such as training, education, tourism and temporary work.

On the other hand, immigrant visa holders can come to the country and stay forever. There are explicit classifications for both immigrant and nonimmigrant visas. Each visa classification has a unique requirement and purpose that the visa holder must follow in order to remain “in status” and live in the United States legally.

Do you have an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa? If so, you should educate yourself about updates to immigration law and understand how any change can affect your status. For that reason, it is advisable to consult with an immigration attorney in New York City for guidance concerning your rights.

If you have questions about your immigration status, we recommend consulting Attorney Alice Antonovsky, Immigration Specialist.

Honest immigration advice
tailored to your individual case and goals
Legal representation
throughout the Tri-State Area
Immigration status
through marriage, employment or student status
Contact Immigration Attorney
Alice Antonovsky

• Naturalization
• Marriage and Naturalization Interviews
• Political Asylum
• Employment Authorization and Travel Documents
• Change/Extension of Non-Immigration Status
• Deportation and Removal Defense
• Family-Based Immigration, Green Cards by Marriage, Visas for Fiancé of U.S. Citizens
• Employment-Based Green Cards
• Green Cards for Lottery Winners
• All Types of Non-Immigration Work Visas
• International Students

Key Facts About Immigration Status
  • If you are a current visa holder and would like to change your immigration status, you can do so if the purpose of your stay is changing. For example, immigrants who entered the United States as tourists but would like to attend school can change their status.
  • If you are granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS), you are not eligible to apply for a green card. However, you could be a green card holder in a different situation or some other basis such as getting married to a U.S citizen.
  • The Deferred Action for The Obama Administration’s Childhood Arrivals program will be granted if you came to the United States before your 16th birthday without having lawful immigration status. To be eligible, you must have entered the United States without papers before June 15, 2012.
Go to our Immigration Resource Center
3 Things
You Need to Know about
ALIENS ADMITTED TO THE COUNTRY AS REFUGEES, NONIMMIGRANTS OR PAROLEES can have their status changed to permanent residents, if they are eligible to receive a visa and one is available.

SOME TYPES OF NONIMMIGRANT VISAS DEMAND REGISTRATION with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).

PEOPLE CAN BE DETERMINED “OUT OF STATUS” due to visa violations such as overstay, unauthorized employment or criminal activity.

September 22, 2017
EB-5 Program Extended to December 8th, 2017
As you may already know, we were expecting some changes to the EB-5 Visa program this September 30th, 2017. However, the U.S. Congress has recently released news that the EB-5 program will instead be extended until December 8th, 2017. This extension does not come as a surprise since other developments like hurricane-relief and missile defense have been a priority for the U.S. Congress. That bei... READ MORE >
February 14, 2017
Immigration Raids Targeting Undocumented Immigrants
The new executive orders issued by President Trump may be confusing and very upsetting to some of you. This is a time of uncertainty and panic for undocumented immigrants living in the United States. Now it is more important than ever to speak to an immigration attorney if you are living here with no lawful status. READ MORE >
November 18, 2016
Foreign Workers: Here’s What You Need to Know About US Work Visas
If you're a foreign national who’d like to work in the U.S. legally, you need to apply for US work visa. Whether you are a technology specialist, artist, athlete or businessperson, you need a work visa that fits your profile, purpose, and length of stay in the United States. If you’re reading this, great! It means... READ MORE >
Request a Confidential Consultation
to get honest and reliable advice from Immigration Lawyer, Alice Antonovsky
Designed by CreativeWorks, Pocono and Lehigh Valley Web Design Agency