Congress created the EB-5 program in 1990 in order to stimulate the U.S. economy through foreign investment. As of today, by investing $500,000 to $1 million, a foreign national can take advantage of the Immigrant Investment Program and secure a green card for himself and his entire immediate family. EB-5 visas have an annual cap of 10,000 with a per country cap of 7%.
The EB-5 classification hasn’t been modified since then. However, for the past couple of years, the US Congress has been discussing the implementation of significant reforms to the program. The minimum investment would be doubled to $1,350,000. For direct investment, the minimum amount of capital was proposed to be raised from $1 million to $1,800,000.
The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program would not have any changes until September 30, 2019. Therefore, if applying for this type of a visa is of interest to you, we strongly recommend to you to act fast before new laws are put into effect.
Way To Invest:
Through An Attorney
A "Regional Center" is an entity, organization or agency that has been approved by USCIS. They offer hundreds of different project opportunities, which range from real estate, casinos, ski resorts, manufacturing, agricultural developments, restaurants, sport stadiums, and many more.
By investing $500,000 into a regional center and financing a particular project a personal would be eligible to apply for the Eb-5 Visa. It is also very important to highlight the requirement of job creation and management rest on the shoulders of the project in which the investment was made and not on the Investor, as is the case with Direct Investment.
Regardless of which of the 2 paths an investor takes, an initial 2 year conditional residence is granted, at the expiration of which USCIS will evaluate your investment project to make sure all terms have been met and if so, you will be able to obtain a 10 year permanent residence.
• No residency requirement. You may live anywhere in the U. S, regardless of your investment location.
• Ability to Work and Live anywhere in the Country
• Permanent residence for you and each qualified family member
• No English language requirement or minimal education for EB-5 applicants
• Individuals who are investing through a Regional Center are not required to work or run a business.
- Application for the EB-5 visa is very document specific and it is imperative to have your interests represented by a competent, experienced immigration attorney. Many applications are denied for lack of sufficient supporting evidence.
- Choosing to obtain permanent residence in the United States through the Immigrant Investor Program (EB-5) involves the investment of large sums of money, and therefore you want to make sure you have the right immigration attorney guiding you through this process.
- If you want your Investment Visa application to be approved, you need to have an experienced immigration attorney you can trust help you in achieving that goal. At the Law Offices of Alice Antonovsky, we can help you throughout the entire application process.
As an illegal immigrant, I hired Alice Antonovsky to help me fix my migratory situation. I had followed some bad advice in the past and really wanted to come clean with immigration authorities. Ms. Antonovsky was very helpful and helped me understand there was still a chance for my family to stay together. Thank you!
I escaped a violent past from a very unstable family a few years ago. Coming to the United States was my survival option. Being here, I met people who helped me out in different ways. They advised me to get a professional assessment on my immigration situation. Luckily, I went to Alice for help and she did not disappoint. I can absolutely recommend her legal services.
I contacted Alice Antonovsky when I needed help understanding my migratory status. She helped me find the most suitable program to apply for and I am now a legal permanent resident. Thank you for your help!
Please add a review