Starting and operating a business, no matter what size, is both exciting and challenging. Such ventures are full of uncertainty and contain an inherent financial risk. Businesses of all sizes are regularly exposed to potential legal problems. And although the majority of businesses are not large enough to retain an in-house attorney to advise them and represent their interests, they are nonetheless vulnerable to legal problems that can disrupt the operation of their business. It is for that reason that ongoing, trusted and objective legal advice is imperative to the success of any business operation, big or small. In most instances a lot of unnecessary disputes could have been avoided had the business had proper representation and advice from its inception. However, it is never too late to safeguard yourself and your business.
At our firm, we help business owners with many different types of legal issues that arise in the course of conducting business.
Law Offices of Alice Antonovsky undertakes many transactions that are required of businesses every day. Some of our services include:
- Business formation/start-up (formation of corporations, LLCs and general partnerships)
- Preparation and review of Partnership Agreements
- Preparation and review of Stockholders and/or Shareholders Agreements, buy/sell business agreements and LLC operating agreements
- Preparation and review of agreements with outside entities such as suppliers and customers
- Equipment Leases
- Drafting employee and independent contractor agreements and contracts, non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and executive compensation agreements
- Developing employment policies and providing federal and New York compliance training on matters such as hiring practices and family leave
- Purchase and Sale of a Business
- General contract negotiation, drafting and review
- Counseling on liability issues
- Litigation involving breach of contract and other disputes, including disputes between co-owners and partners
- Prevention and settlement of any civil litigation that may arise, such as slip and fall cases, discrimination cases and malpractice claims
If you are a business owner or are thinking of becoming one, let Law Offices of Alice Antonovsky provide you with the legal assistance that your business needs. Our office will work directly with you to understand your specific business goals and provide you with effective legal counsel tailored for you and your business.