From the first wave of immigrants to reach the United States, New York has consistently been a top destination to a diverse population of people from around the globe. In fact, New York is the second state in the U.S. with the largest number of immigrants. According to Pew Research Center, foreigners were 15.9% of the state’s population in 1990.
In order to legally live and work in NYC, immigration authorities must grant you a valid visa. Engaging in any activities that differ from the purpose of your visit could be considered illegal. For example, those who enter the country with a tourist visa are not allowed to work, unless they request a status adjustment.
If you are planning to move to New York or seek temporary employment, make sure to check for all visa requirements and applications. Changing your status while living in the country is also be a possibility. However, we strongly recommend that you contact an immigration expert to evaluate your case individually.
• Political Asylum
• Student Visas
• Removal Defense
• Family-Based Immigration
• Employment-Based Green Cards
• Visas for Fiance of U.S. Citizens
About Illegal Immigration
- You must have a valid visa to enter the country. By overstaying the allowed period of time, you fall into an illegal status.
- If you decide to embark on a different path than your original purpose of visit, you must apply for the visa that best represents your new plan and wait for approval.
- New York implemented a card identification system that undocumented immigrants can use to open bank accounts and have access to city services.
As an illegal immigrant, I hired Alice Antonovsky to help me fix my migratory situation. I had followed some bad advice in the past and really wanted to come clean with immigration authorities. Ms. Antonovsky was very helpful and helped me understand there was still a chance for my family to stay together. Thank you!
I escaped a violent past from a very unstable family a few years ago. Coming to the United States was my survival option. Being here, I met people who helped me out in different ways. They advised me to get a professional assessment on my immigration situation. Luckily, I went to Alice for help and she did not disappoint. I can absolutely recommend her legal services.
I contacted Alice Antonovsky when I needed help understanding my migratory status. She helped me find the most suitable program to apply for and I am now a legal permanent resident. Thank you for your help!
Please add a review