Call Us
Text Us
The Law Offices of Alice Antonovsky, PLLC takes pride in helping its clients legalize their status in the United States, apply for the right kind of visa and keep their families together through the most suitable application method.
Legalize Your Immigration Status,
Apply for the I601-A Waiver

Foreign nationals who have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) are eligible to file form I-601A. In many cases, the applicant may have a qualifying relative for the waiver. The applicant’s relative must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident parent, spouse or in some cases a child. ¨Extreme hardship¨ must be established by a qualifying relative; not the waiver applicant.

If you are unlawfully present in the U.S. because you overstayed your visa or have entered the United States by crossing the border without a visa, you may be eligible to apply for the I-601A form to waive your unlawful presence if you are married to a US citizen or lawful permanent resident or you have an unmarried child under the age of 21. However, if USCIS denies the waiver application, there is no further appeal available to you.

Make sure you can meet all the requirements to qualify for the waiver before filling out your application. Visit the USCIS official website to check the information regarding the I-601A waiver.

3 Things You Need To Know About The I-601A
What is a
I-601A form?
The I-601A is a provisional waiver that can be requested by individuals unlawfully residing in the United States. This waiver is directly tied to a relative or spouse legally living in the country and allows the petitioner to “come clean” regarding their status in the US.
What is it
intended for?
The I-601A is intended to prevent an abrupt separation of families and couples when applicants reveal that they are unlawfully residing in the US. A crucial aspect to remember when applying for this waiver is that if the application is denied, you will not be able to repeat the process.
The I-601A application requires a qualifying relative to establish extreme hardship. Applicants must be 17 years of age or older, be physically present in order to provide biometrics and be in the process of obtaining an immigrant visa, as well as proof that you have a case pending with the Department of State. An experienced immigration attorney will assist you in gathering all the necessary documentation for a successful outcome.
with clients all over the tri-state area
by your side makes it easier to comply with all requirements and avoid unnecessary mistakes
dealing with different immigration situations. Contact us to evaluate your case
Alice Antonovsky

• Waivers
• Naturalization Application and Appeals
• US Citizenship
• Adjustment of Status
• Help completing forms
• Immigrant Visas
• Marriage Based Immigration
• Marrying Outside the US
• Temporary protected Status

Key Facts About the I601-A Waiver
  • Based on the I-601A applications received or adjudicated from March 4 – September 14, 2013, the National Benefits Center NBC has issued the following decisions: 3,497 approvals (59%) and 2,292 denials (39%).
  • According to some statistic provided by USCIS, The total number of I-601A forms issued since the program started in 2013 (over the course of 1 year and 11 months) was 62,973.
  • USCIS announced of the new unlawful presence waiver (I-601A), which took effect on March 4, 2013.
Go to our Immigration Resource Center
3 Things
You Need to Know about
UNDER THE NEW LAW, YOU CAN FILL OUT THE APPLICATION in the United States eliminating the risk of not being allowed to return.

THE INTERVIEWS ARE STILL SCHEDULED ABROAD, but you are only required to exit the country for a short period of time.

YOU MUST PROVE THAT YOUR QUALIFIED RELATIVE will suffer extreme hardship if the three or ten year bar is imposed. Various types or hardships are considered, including financial, physical, medical, emotional and others.

Client Reviews
I601-A Waiver Overall rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews.

Please add a review

Review Title
Review Content


Request a Confidential Consultation
to get honest and reliable advice from Immigration Lawyer, Alice Antonovsky
Design ED by CreativeWorks, Pocono and Lehigh Valley Web Design Agency

Your Immigration Lawyer
Alice Antonovsky
New York, NY