The Law Offices of Alice Antonovsky, PLLC takes pride in helping its clients legalize their status in the United States, apply for the right kind of visa and keep their families together through the most suitable application method.
Learn Your Rights
as a US Lawful Permanent Resident

The terms “permanent resident” and “U.S. Citizen” are often confused with one another. A lawful permanent resident (LPR) may live and work permanently anywhere in the United States, own property, and attend public schools and colleges. However, they may or may not become a US Citizen at a certain point.

Even though lawful permanent residents harness great benefits, only U.S. citizens have the right to vote and can remain outside the country for long periods or time. LPRs must typically live 5 years in the country before applying for U.S. citizenship, 3 if you are married to a U.S. citizen.

If you are an eligible LPR, you can become a US citizen through naturalization. You will need to fill out Form N-400 completely and accurately and submit it to USCIS along with the required documentation. If you decide to apply for naturalization, we recommend you talk to a lawyer before processing your application. Our dedicated team can help you understand the process and avoid unnecessary mistakes.

In-depth understanding
of the U.S. immigration laws
Honest and accurate legal
advice tailored to your particular case
Experienced Legal
representation throughout the Tri-State Area
Contact Immigration Attorney
Alice Antonovsky

• Naturalization
• Marriage and naturalization interviews
• Deportation and Removal Defense
• Adjustment of Status
• Waivers
• Non- immigration Work Visas
• International students
• Employment Based Green Cards

Key Facts About U.S.
Lawful Permanent Residents
  • Green card holders whose card is expiring should apply for a new card by completing immigration Form I-90, paying a fee and gathering the supporting documentation.
  • Lawful permanent residents do not have the right to vote, do not have a US passport, and can be deported if convicted of an aggravated assault.
  • LPRs must pass an English and civics test to become a U.S. citizen.
Go to our Immigration Resource Center
3 Things
You Need to Know about
GREEN CARD HOLDERS CAN live and work permanently in the United States and are protected by all their laws.

IF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENTS spend more than 6 months outside the United States, they can lose their Green Card.

PERMANENT RESIDENTS CAN PETITION FOR AN IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER. However, since there’s a limited number of visas in this category, it is likely to spend five or more years on a waiting list before being admitted into the US.

September 22, 2017
EB-5 Program Extended to December 8th, 2017
As you may already know, we were expecting some changes to the EB-5 Visa program this September 30th, 2017. However, the U.S. Congress has recently released news that the EB-5 program will instead be extended until December 8th, 2017. This extension does not come as a surprise since other developments like hurricane-relief and missile defense have been a priority for the U.S. Congress. That bei... READ MORE >
February 14, 2017
Immigration Raids Targeting Undocumented Immigrants
The new executive orders issued by President Trump may be confusing and very upsetting to some of you. This is a time of uncertainty and panic for undocumented immigrants living in the United States. Now it is more important than ever to speak to an immigration attorney if you are living here with no lawful status. READ MORE >
November 18, 2016
Foreign Workers: Here’s What You Need to Know About US Work Visas
If you're a foreign national who’d like to work in the U.S. legally, you need to apply for US work visa. Whether you are a technology specialist, artist, athlete or businessperson, you need a work visa that fits your profile, purpose, and length of stay in the United States. If you’re reading this, great! It means... READ MORE >
Request a Confidential Consultation
to get honest and reliable advice from Immigration Lawyer, Alice Antonovsky
Designed by CreativeWorks, Pocono and Lehigh Valley Web Design Agency

Your Immigration Lawyer
Alice Antonovsky
New York, NY